Welcome

Let's Tell a Story....

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Story Idea #3??

The end of the semester is fast approaching and I could not be more stressed out. LOL

Ok. Back to business. Over the past two weeks, I have been giving much thought to my ideas for Story #3 whilst trying to finish my piece for story #2. It's coming along, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I just need to finish it asap so I can get one more thing crossed off on my list.

As for Story #3, I borrowed the ComKit over the Thanksgiving break in hopes that I would be able to get the audio and pictures while home on Long Island. First I tried to make it in time for my mom's bowling league night in order to do a story about the women there and get some great photos of the psychadelic bowling. However, holiday traffic ruined that plan.

Then I wanted to test out the "what are you thankful for this year" idea, but no one who wanted to share was around this thanksgiving, making that a bust as well.

Then I had an idea to go out on Black Friday and interview the nut jobs running around for the sales. Or I even wanted to take the equipment with me that Saturday to document my cousin's preperation for her wedding during our bridesmaid dress shopping event. Neither happened.

So now I'm here, thinking of ideas that I actually find interesting. And that's when it hit me. Maybe now would be the perfect time to revert back to my early in the semester idea of doing a piece of fiction. I would create a story that could be read audibly by characters and tape some friends reading the parts out loud. Then I could take pictures of this cast of characters in shots I think are representative of the story. This could work. However, I still don't really like it.

My problem is that I actually liked the ideas for my first two pieces before doing them, and I continued to like them while working on them. This one, I've had ideas I've liked, but missed out on the working on them part. And I have plenty of ideas I don't even want to work on. So where does that leave me?

With no ideas and no work. Awesome.

So now it's crunch time. I need to get this done asap because I have enough to worry about trying to finish my thesis. So here are some ideas I have that I absolutely need to pick from, because well, I'm out of time.

One. Documenting young girls who are turning to self-made businesses such as Mary Kay because they need all the work they can get during these economic times. Not a bad idea, and a friend of mine does this, so I definitely have an in. They meet Tuesday nights and I think it would be a good visual piece as well.

Two. Well. There really is no two. So I guess, One it is! Oh boy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment