Welcome

Let's Tell a Story....

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Story #3 - Check!!

Yes. I finally got it done. I spoke to my friend about going with her to her next Mary Kay meeting, spoke with the beauty consultant director in charge of her group, and last night, went to the meeting to get some tape and pictures!

So last night went very well. I interviewed some of the Mary Kay beauty consultants and took pictures of the girls, the guests, the products, and the event. I got a lot of great tape about how they got started with Mary Kay, what the benefits are for such a job, and what they've learned from their experiences. It was all very positive and upbeat.

I decided over the weekend that I really did like this idea because it was like a modern-day version of the Kitchen Sister's piece on the tupperware parties. The Mary Kay girls talked about being independent, having a flexible work schedule, and earning great rewards like free products, substantial incomes, and even cars!

I enjoyed doing this piece, which was what was important for me when deciding what to do in the first place. I think I was able to feel better about it after remembering the tupperware piece and liking the modern day parallel. I was able to get a better idea about how I wanted the piece to go; less in the direction of focusing on the economy like my second piece and more focusing just on it being a highlight piece about a specific group. It made it more unique for me in terms of the three pieces I have created this semester.

So that's it. Three pieces planned and taped. One piece done, the second piece almost done, and the third ready for editing. I guess the next week is gonna be pretty busy.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I can't wait to see this one. Can we play the story about your dad tonight in class?
    Mike

    ReplyDelete