Welcome

Let's Tell a Story....

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brainstorming Ahead

Now that I have spent the past week working on my Audio Story piece, and cramming in some thesis writing time between working at the diner and the writing center, all while thoroughly being completely distracted by the fact that Harry Potter 7, part 1, comes out tonight at midnight and I am waiting for my brother to arrive here in Philly from long island so we can go together to see the movie tonight, I am ready to start thinking about this next project that I will have about 2 weeks to work on. Awesome.

So. Ideas for my slide show audio piece. Well, if I thought they would've let me, I would have loved to bring the audio recorder and a camera to the Harry Potter premiere tonight to get stories from the attendees about their Harry Potter experiences. But, I'm pretty sure the theater will not allow me anywhere near that movie with any kind of recording equipment. Oh well.

Other ideas? I've been thinking about doing more of a sentimental type piece, by recording the things that my family is thankful for on Thanksgiving. But I don't want the cookie-cutter responses. I want the real stuff. The stuff that really shows what people have to be thankful for this year. Especially as compared to the audio story piece I've been working on about my dad. What kinds of struggles are other people going through and how do they remain cheerful during such a difficult holiday season?

Another idea would be to describe one person by using photos of them doing different things, quoting them with things they commonly say, and basically putting together a personal profile of one person in an abstract type of way. I'm not really sure how well this would work, but I'd like to be able to show who a person is in a very fictionesque type of way, by showing instead of telling. That way my audience could make their own assumptions and conclusions from the material I give them. I think that might be an interesting idea to pursue, but I'm not sure how well it would go.

I still need to think about some things, but I hope that I will be able to create an interesting way to combine audio and still photos to really tell an interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment